Elfrida Vipont (Elfrida Vipont Brown Foulds)
Elfrida Vipont Brown was born in 1902 in Manchester to Quaker parents. She read history at Manchester University, before progressing to study singing in Paris, London and Leipzig. In 1929 she married R P Foulds, and they had 4 daughters.
Elfrida began writing under her married name of E V Foulds, her first book being Quakerism in 1930. Most of the remainder of her work however was published under the name of Elfrida Vipont, and occasionally as Charles Vipont.
Elfrida Died in 1992.
1. The Lark in the Morn - 1948
2. The Lark on the wing - 1950
1. The family at Dowbiggins - 1955
2. More about Dowbiggins - 1958 (Win for Henry Conyers)
3. Changes at Dowbiggins 1960 (Boggarts and Dreams)
Other stand alone titles
Colin writes to a friends house - 1934
The spring of the year - 1957
Flowering spring 1960
Search for a song - 1962
The offcomers - 1965
The secret passage 1967
Bed in Hell 1974
Swarthmoor Hall 1979